Don’t you love looking into other peoples’ homes to see how they live?
Of course you do, or you wouldn’t be here.
You’ll hear me say it a million times. Our house is small. We have five humans (three adult-size and two fun-size) crammed into 1644 square feet.
I love our small house. We have great neighbors, privacy, and a mortgage that doesn’t force us to eat fried Spam three days a week. I’m having flash backs to my childhood. I forgive you, Mom.
|Meredith Heron Design via Houzz|
- The top row: cake pans and party supplies.
- Middle row: light bulbs, air fresheners and lonely socks.
- Bottom row: play dough/paint, miscellaneous stuff , cleaning rags, and tape & twine.
- In the galvanized bins are dryer sheets, pet food, and trash bags. I got the idea for the bins from this pin that links back to Traci’s pantry bins from Beneath My Heart.
- Here is the link for the chalkboard labels that I made for the baskets.
A few people have wanted to know how the metal bins are hung on the wall. I used a regular drill bit to make the holes for the screws.
My favorite thing in here is the idea/bulletin board that I made. It was inspired by the one that Ballard Designs sells for $149.00. It’s just a salvaged frame with cork board tiles glued to a piece of plywood.
With three boys and a husband who is a landscaper, I spend a lot of time in here. It’s nice to have something pretty to look at and it hides the fuse box.
Click here to see how I changed our bi-fold doors to french style doors!
While you’re here, leave a comment and tell me how you’ve organized a small laundry room. I love to get new ideas!
Oh, by the way, we have lived here since 1998, so the changes we’ve made in here have been done a little bit at a time. I couldn’t have done all of this in week or even in a month, believe me!
If you’d like to see the rest of my organization projects, click here or click on the pictures below of my favorite organized closets!