I needed to find something to replace the bare bulb ceiling light in my son’s office/closet, I wanted something that was a little vintage-esque.
Here are the supplies you’ll need to make your own industrial cage pendant light:
Other than the metal lamp guard (#1) and the antique twisted wire (#4), most of the supplies can be found in a home improvement store. I provided affiliate links for the items that can be found online.
- Metal Lamp Guard
- Nickel Socket (as pictured) or a Porcelain Socket (this is what I ended up using)
- Edison Bulb (Lowes and Home Depot also sell these now)
- Antique twisted wire
- Ceiling canopy if you are going to have it hardwired but you could make this a plug-in lamp with this antique style plug-in.
- Oil rubbed bronzed hammered spray paint in brown
- Wire strippers and electrical tape
Or, if you want to go the least expensive and easiest route, you can buy this twisted wire pendant kit with a plug-in so it doesn’t have to be hardwired.